Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stamping Again

I know that it's been forever since I've posted on here and I apologize. My job keeps me very busy, but I have a vacation for the summer so I'm totally excited about blogging again. Here's a little birthday card I made using the Mojo Monday template, even though I didn't follow it to the letter. I just couldn't get the message that I wanted to fit in the circle. So, I'm submitting it anyway in hopes that it's ok.

The little monkeys are some of my favorite stamps. I got them from Close to My Heart. They're from a set called In the Wild. The patterned paper is called Rough and Tumble and is also from Close to My Heart. I'm a big fan of theirs :0)

So, back to the monkeys...I stamped them in chocolate and then took a q-tip and wiped the brown off the leaves and then colored them with a clover meadow marker. Then I took a clover meadow marker and outlined the leaves. Last I took watercolor pencils and colored the monkey and leaves and blended with a Tombow blending pen. I hope you like it.

Heartfelt Hugs,
Jo

2 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is terrific I must admit out of all the moneys out there this is my most favorite! Funny, I used that same paper pack for this weeks sketch also, brilliant minds think alike! BR-T

Stacy said...

OH! I love this!! The monkeys are so cute, and I love the bright colors! Great job on the sketch!!!
I am glad you are back! I have missed your cards.