Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quick Card Post




I have to post and run. My hubby has been gone all week and will be home soon (Yea!). I wanted to get this card up for Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge. Hopefully Blogger cooperates with me LOL.

I embossed the background with clear embossing powder and then sponged Blush onto it so the design would show up. The watermelon is on dimensionals and for an added touch I put liquid glass on the seeds to make them raised and shiny like the real thing. I'm always needing birthday cards so this will come in handy at some point I'm sure.

Gotta run...

Heartfelt hugs,
Jo

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love this! I like that you thought outside the box, unlike boring me!!!
LeAnne

Tanja said...

This is SO cute! Perfect for summer!

Sherri said...

Super cute! I love the background!!

Traveling Mama said...

LOVE the background! So great!

Anonymous said...

It can be tricky getting away from the flower aspect of the inspiration. You've succeeded in making a great card with your challenge

Becky said...

I absolutely love the way you created the background. I'm gonna have to remember that one! TFS!

Shawntel said...

I love the bg! So Pretty! Great Job!